2020-01-08 conda-forge core meeting


Attendees

Agenda

Your agenda items

  • (FF) We have a blog: https://github.com/conda-forge/blog All we need now is a blog ;-p

    • https://conda-forge.org/blog/

Subteam updates

Bot

  • (CJ) Major bot refactor has finished, most of the code is now in IDE friendly, type hinted python

  • (CJ) Matt Becker has joined the bot subteam

    • wants to push on auto-merging green bot PRs. At least looking at what infrastructure needs to be set up for that.

      • (Marcel) makes sense if its opt-in.

      • (Eric) would suggest opt-in at start to work out kinks, once stable switch to opt-out.

    • look at issue tracker for more info

    • UX around abandoned feedstocks? pseudo-abandoned

  • (CJ) Version bump PRs now close open version PRs for previous versions

    • Merging the newer version bump PR will close the older version bump PR.

  • (jakirkham) use linter bot to update bot’s graph with PR status

ARM

POWER

CUDA

  • (jakirkham) CUDA 10.2 migration

    • (CJ) the bot doesn’t handle run_exports at all. It’s particularly glaring with run_exports strong. Usually fuse host / run to figure dependencies. Does not use build for dependency tracking. Has some notes / issues that descirbes this a bit https://github.com/regro/cf-scripts/issues/677. TODO: Make a lookup table for the strong run_exports. Before making edges in graph, add in the run_exports strong requirements to the dependencies. This should propery express dependencies in the graph.

    • (jakirkham) needs pointers from CJ as to where in the bot to make these updates.

    • (CJ) question: Using render from the conda public API. This doesn’t seem to add the run_exports to the meta.yaml. Is there another function to use that does add the run_exports to the rendered? A: this function needs all of the jinja variables provided or the rendered dictionary wont be correct.

    • (jakirkham) Discussion to have. Break cudatoolkit into two packages: cudatoolkit runtime and the rest.

Docs

staged-recipes

website

CI infrastructure

Compiler upgrade

CFEP updates

  • (Eric) (finally) renamed conda-forge-enhancement-proposals to cfep

Open PRs

  • cfep-03 Manual upload of builds

    • Has 10 approvals, what are next steps here?

    • Merged today!

  • cfep-04 X11 and CDT policy

    • jjhelmus to add a comment to this PR about what we discussed today. Ping jjhelmus about tk. It’s not clear if we can even build tk against a non system X11 because tk ships its own X11 headers that the conda X11 package doesn’t work against

  • cfep-05 dev/rc builds

    • Seems that there was voting, but did anything come of it?

    • CJ to make formal vote call on this. Will check in next week

      • Vote issued

  • cfep-06 Staged-recipes review lifecycle

    • Has some recent comments from @saraedum that are unaddressed

    • Ask staged-recipes team to champion this CFEP and move it forward.

  • cfep-10 Feedstock statuses, unmaintained

    • Discussion around maintainers removing themselves

    • Maybe move to a x number of versions away from most recent

    • https://github.com/regro/cf-graph-countyfair/blob/master/status/could_use_help.json

    • CJ to make a call to vote

  • cfep-11 Automated Closing of Excessively Old PRs on Staged Recipes

    • Has a 8 approvals. what are next steps?

    • Next steps: Merge PR and ping staged-recipes team they can implement if they want?

Discussion

Check in on previous action items

Copy previous action items from last meeting agenda.

Last meeting

  • [ ] cfep-11 next steps: Merge PR and ping staged-recipes team they can implement if they want?

  • [ ] cfep-10 next steps: CJ to call a vote for feedback

  • [ ] cfep-06 next steps: Ask staged recipes team to champion this CFEP and move it forward

  • [ ] cfep-04 next steps: jjhelmus to add a comment per notes above

  • [ ] jakirkham & CJ-wright to sync on adding CUDA to the migration bot

2 meetings ago

3 meetings ago

  • [ ] (Filipe) CFEP-03: Review, fix any text and merge it in.

    • Minor updates that are needed. This will likely get done in December.

  • [ ] (CJ) CFEP-08: Merge in with deferred status

    • Will check in next meeting.

4 meetings ago

Move to Issue Tracker

  • [ ] (Eric) Scheduling Anaconda <-> conda-forge sync on anaconda.org requirements gathering

    • Will try and get this scheduled in the next month.

  • [ ] (Anthony) Reach out to NumFocus to figure out legal ramifications of not including licenses in files.