Skip to main content

2020-02-05 conda-forge core meeting



Your agenda items

  • Recurring Anaconda update on what's going on on our side.
    • conda / conda-build update, if any
    • (Eric) Update on "is Anaconda open to opening up permissions on conda-build to others?"
      • In the mean time, maybe more firmly suggest that the distribution team members attend.
  • (Eric) Results of conda-forge dev meeting survey
    • (Marcel) Please also send the result/numbers via email to let people who won't/can't attend next week (and to make it more visible than only in HackMD notes).

Push everything below this to next week

  • (FF) The blog is "ready" but we need a Jekyll expert to take a look at it. The layout and page publication is not OK.
    • Need some help debugging the site
    • (link to the PR?)
    • Maybe jekyll configuration?
    • (pkgw) 404's on the asset files because they're not being prefixed correctly
    • Maybe ping Rocklin for help?

Subteam updates





  • Question: are we ready to advertise this? If so should we Tweet and do a NumFOCUS update about it?
    • (IF) Not until
    • (jakirkham) that PR probably isn't mergable. #9804 is an attempt at getting this working.
      • Generally, you can add cuda support to an existing feedstock (not documented how to do this)
      • There's no support for testing the cuda support in staged-recipes right now.
    • next steps:
      • write a blog post
      • update docs




CI infrastructure

  • (UK) Drone issues:
    • next steps: UK to reach out to and ask them about these issues.
    • AS & MvN were talking - we have CI resources on Azure. Change conda-forge.yml for aarch64 so that it gets built on Azure for the emulated environment as opposed to not building on
      • (jjhelmus) Azure used to be default - moved to drone because they have real aarch64 hardware and real hardware is faster and less prone to error.
      • travis-ci might now be an option too since they have aarch support.
      • (mvn) given that dotnetcore supports aarch64 now, azure workers might soon.
    • We're all in agreement that we shouldn't switch back to azure.
    • TODO: jakirkham will open an issue on conda-smithy to investigate this. (ping the aarch team)

Compiler upgrade

CFEP updates

Open PRs

  • cfep-03 Manual upload of builds

    • MERGED!
  • cfep-04 X11 and CDT policy

    • Needs new champion. Thanks for your work on this pkgw!
  • cfep-05 dev/rc builds

    • MERGED!
  • cfep-06 Staged-recipes review lifecycle

    • Lingering comment from @saraedum. @jakirkham, can you reply?
  • cfep-10 Feedstock statuses, unmaintained

    • Needs another review. Has unaddressed updates from pkgw.
  • cfep-11 Automated Closing of Excessively Old PRs on Staged Recipes

    • MERGED!


  • Revisit Anaconda team status

Check in on previous action items

Copy previous action items from last meeting agenda.

This meeting

  • Remove conda forge readthedocs.
  • (jakirkham) write a blog post on CUDA stuff we discussed today
  • (jakirkham) update docs on how to add CUDA support to feedstocks

Last meeting

  • Open up a CFEP about what to do about Python 2.7.
  • (Eric) check internally for funding levels for hotels & flying folks from the community in?
  • (Eric) Figure out finances of conda-forge to support themselves?
  • (jjhelmus) Open up CFEP for which python's we're going to support.
  • (Eric) Change meeting cadence
    • We're not going to change the meeting cadence. Too much momentum for us on this every-other-wednesday schedule.

2 meetings ago

  • cfep-11 next steps: Merge PR and ping staged-recipes team they can implement if they want?
  • cfep-10 next steps: CJ to call a vote for feedback
  • cfep-06 next steps: Ask staged recipes team to champion this CFEP and move it forward
  • jakirkham & CJ-wright to sync on adding CUDA to the migration bot

3 meetings ago

4 meetings ago

Move to Issue Tracker

  • (Eric) Scheduling Anaconda <-> conda-forge sync on requirements gathering
    • Will try and get this scheduled in the next month.
  • (Anthony) Reach out to NumFocus to figure out legal ramifications of not including licenses in files.